This week, with our eateries and drinkeries re-opening, we look forward to things slowly back to normal around Limpsfield. As published in the latest (online) version of the Parish News, let’s give a big clap for those Limpsfield businesses who were able to adapt to stay open in one way or another over Lockdown…
It’s been a hugely tough time for everyone over the last few months and as we enter our third full month of restrictions, it’s time for a big CLAP for all those local Limpsfield-based businesses who have kept going in one way or another during lockdown, providing us with food, fun and fitness amongst other things…
The following SMALL businesses in Limpsfield are amongst those who deserve a BIG clap…
- Ashdown Travel for continuing to man the phones and help everyone sort out their postponed and cancelled holidays
- Avalanche Gallery‘s Sarah for creating the most amazing Hidden Songs of Lockdown
- Chic Grooming and Doodledooz for providing dog walking for key workers and those who are isolating and shielding
- Coffee @ Kiwi House for producing the most amazing takeaway coffees, breakfasts, lunches and afternoon teas to keep us all happy
- Ebbutts Funeral Services for continuing to provide a necessary service with love and sensitivity in difficult times
- Freddie Wardlaw for entertaining us all with his brilliantly camp, posey posts, exercise and fitness tips @iamfreddiefit😉
- Limpsfield Ceramics for delivering tile orders to homes for our DIY jobs
- The Limpsfield Cookery School for producing a very delicious takeaway/delivery menu of home-baked meals for those who are fed up of their own dinner repertoire!
- Limpsfield Fitness for motivating, posting fitness tips and running Zoom fitness sessions
- Limpsfield CofE Infants School for continuing to teach our key workers’ children.
- Memorial Stores and its volunteers for being total stars as always, keeping our local stores and post office operating throughout lockdown
- Northdown Nurseries for providing plants and veggie seedlings for our new veggie patches!
- Oxted Framing for picture framing orders via phone and email
- Paydens for providing ongoing pharmacy services in difficult times and cheerfully enabling all our volunteers to pick up prescriptions for those self isolating and shielding
- Quince House Cookery School for online cooking tutorials to keep us from dying of boredom in our own kitchens
- Royal British Legion Limpsfield who are now back providing Fish & Chips and Sunday roasts
- St Peter’s for keeping our spirits up with their Sunday morning live steamed services.
- Surrey Dance for their online classes and motivational challenges
- The Carpenters Arms for providing delicious takeaway lunches and beers at the weekends
- The Green Room for providing entertainment and useful, creative instruction in its online live craft classes
The Limpsfield Club and Chart Golf Club are now well back in the swing of things, so make sure that you make the most of the summer and your memberships! And phew, Panda Nursery is now open to keep our little ones entertained.
The Carpenters Arms is now back open for business; as is the British Legion. The Bull opens Friday 10th at 5pm and Coffee @ Kiwi House is back open this weekend. All will be operating with reduced opening hours for the time being, so keep an eye on their websites, boards and social media for information as things will continue to change over the next few weeks.
Apologies if we didn’t mention your business and what it’s been up to over lockdown. If you want a shout out for your Limpsfield business, please get in touch via Limpsfield social media – Insta and FaceBook @limpsfieldsurrey – or email: email@example.com.
Good luck and stay safe and healthy!
For the full PARISH NEWS Summer edition featuring this article and many others, click HERE.